Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My Very Enchanted "Disney" Love Story Wedding

A little over a year ago I decided to stop mass manufacturing my cupcakes and start focusing on the part of Amanda Cupcake that I love ♥. Oh goodness, I still have these WILD dreams of opening up a cupcake mansion with glitter walls and all things fantastical, I'd even love a chain of them like Starbucks! Those dreams will never go away. But what I did know is that I'd never accomplish those dreams going at the rate that I was. This cupcake queen was staying up all night almost every night for a little over 4 years, baking up a storm. My problem wasn't that I didn't have enough business. It was that I was making these little art pieces by hand by the thousands..and they were in such great demand I couldn't do it all myself! And perhaps I wasn't the one supposed to be mass manufacturing? Amanda Cupcake should have had a team of bakers helping her, so she could go out and sprinkle glitter all over the world like they loved to have her do.

I had tried to partner with Shark Tank and find an investor to help me build some capitol and with that, a team of cupcake bakers to make this dream come true. I got very close! One of the casting directors called me and I went through the process. But I didn't make it all the way on the show. But just that experience showed me that the vision of Amanda Cupcake was very unique and enough to get noticed. 

When Amanda Cupcake was noticed by Shark Tank but not selected, I realized that I needed to do something different. Maybe mass manufacturing wasn't what Amanda Cupcake was truly about.  So I decided to take a little hiatus, rest, and do some soul searching. My inner soul just said to "Be Still."

What I found..was time to spend with my family again. 

I did get a day job as a business manager (and in that, I have learned a lot of business skills-I look at my job as my investor, paying me to learn!)

I got healthy again through the practice of hot power yoga (I was starting to pack on pounds making those cupcakes)!

I found some new talents (and of course they mix very well with my Amanda Cupcake persona, you'll see what they are shortly!) 

..and I got married to my Mister Cupcake in September of this year.
(of course our guests threw sprinkles at our wedding)


One big score..I met my future husband (Kyrik) when I opened the Cupcake Mansion in New London. He lived right down the street. When I met him I was so focused on my business that I never knew he'd be my husband. 

....Until he came along and swept me off my feet. He wouldn't leave me alone. He supported my business. He spent many long crazy messy nights in a blur of powdered sugar with me. He was there during my many triumphs but also stood next to me, proud of me during my failures. And even when I was weary, he saw my beauty. 

Planning my wedding with Kyrik also helped me discover new talents. Event planning! We decided the theme of our wedding would be enchanted fairytale, inspired by DISNEY (because we are both such kids at heart and dreamers) !

The inspiration for my look was Ariel, The Little Mermaid. All of my bridesmaids were dressed as different Disney Princesses!Can you tell which is which? (From left: Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Snow White (my matron of honor), Belle, Aurora, and Jasmine).

My bouquet was inspired by my fantasy vanilla rainbow cupcake recipe ♥,
I added a "dinglehopper" of course since I was The Little Mermaid!



My bridal shoes. ♥ Hand-painted with Ariel & Eric on the bottom.

My very own best friends were transformed into sparkly Disney princesses! What a dream come true for all of us!

We designed the bridesmaid bouquets ourselves ♥ My mother in law helped us make them! Can you tell which one belongs to each Disney princess?

  
There were even Disney Princess cupcake charms on each bouquet! (to combine Amanda Cupcake & the enchantment of Disney)


We  threw  a"glitter heels" party before the big day where my bridal party hand glittered all of their own heels for the wedding!!!

..I grew so much closer with the girls in my bridal party during the wedding planning ♥.

And my mom too ♥

I gave my mom &future mom-in-law magic fairy godmother wands, with glitter shakers attached! (So they could sprinkle magical glitter on the guests all day and all night!)

Our ushers greeted our guests with glimmering gold glitter beards.

My dad walked me down the aisle....
King Triton and The Little Mermaid. ♥
(..or Amanda Cupcake & Papa Cupcake).


Our "Glitter Girl" and "Flounder"

Kyrik & I exchanged vows in the middle of an enchanted forest ♥



..with the Waupaca High School Madrigal Alumni serenading us with a Disney Medley in the background!

One of our best friends was our officiant. In the middle of our service, he broke out in song.."What is Love, Baby Don't Hurt Me..No More!"

For our unity ceremony, we mixed 2 different wines (handmade by Kyrik). Of course...I added glitter too!


Our first glass of wine together on our wedding day ♥ Saying cheers to everyone we loved!


Our choir surprised us by singing, "Kiss The Girl" from The Little Mermaid during this moment. ♥



While Kyrik and I were frolicking in the woods after the wedding in bliss..


Our guests were making their own unicorn horns at the DIY unicorn horn station!

Enjoying cupcakes with "Flounder!"

 ..Drinking cocktails out of glittered wine glasses!



....or going on a scavenger hunt for magical glittery potion bottles we made!


We partied it up at the reception!

 ...in tables decked out in enchantment, gold, glitter & handmade touches of Disney.
Cinderella Table.

Beauty & The Beast Table.

Snow White Table.


Peter Pan Table.

Alice In Wonderland Table.

Our sweetheart table. Complete with "thingamabobs" and a "dinglehopper."

The dessert table ♥ With Crowns and glitter and dinglehoppers as cake pop sticks!

Our pinata glitter cake!

We ate breakfast for dinner.

There were dances with Disney princesses...

A "Smore'sgasbord!"


A kissing wheel instead of clinking glasses...

Maleficent ("the best woman"-Kyrik's sister made an appearance at the reception)

And at the end of the night..
We released lanterns with our guests into a moonlit sky, with the song "I See The Light" From Tangled playing in the background.


I'm in tears writing this blog right now.
Happy tears, remembering what a dream this day was, and how all of our crazy ideas came together so perfectly to define us together as a couple. If it weren't for Amanda Cupcake..I never would have met Kyrik. Cheers to the future as Amanda Rudd, as Mrs Cupcake, and to going on adventures with this man who has set my wild heart free. I was looking for a business partner..but instead I found my partner for life!

("Shalala Shalalalala..Kiss The Girl"..)


Maybe...some Amanda Cupcake parties/events are in the future?


Credits:
Venue: Caribou Bay Retreat
DJ: Yo DJ Entertainment
Wedding Ceremony Music: My brother, Clifton Wright & The Waupaca High School Madrigals Alumni
Photography: Amanda Red Wedding Photography
Bride's Bouquet: Design Door County
Bridesmaid Bouquets: Amanda Cupcake/Laurrie Rudd
Bride's Dress: Justin Alexander
Veil: EllenMarieDesign, Etsy
Bridesmaid Dresses: Christina Wu/Elaine's Bridal of Appleton
Cupcake Charms: Milushka on Etsy
Bridesmaid Jewelry: aWishUponACharm, Etsy
Makeup: Hillary Kline
Hair: Blue Angel Salon, Waupaca
Dessert: Amanda Cupcake recipes made by my friend Brianna Ahles
Centerpieces: Handmade by Amanda Cupcake & friends!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 30, 2016 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Ellie Berrios said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

 
At January 15, 2017 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Curly Fry said...

How beautiful, love all the effort that must have gone into it! Beautiful bride and beautiful day <3

 
At January 15, 2017 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Curly Fry said...

How beautiful, love all the effort that must have gone into it! Beautiful bride and beautiful day <3

 
At November 29, 2017 at 12:59 PM , Blogger GRAMMIE said...

was looking up amanda cupcake recipe on living with amy
which i watdh all the time and enjoy amys recipes but always
looked forward to amanda being on there as she had great ideas
etc and was always bubbly and great personality when she was on there so this morning typed in amanda cupcake and this is how i found oout amanda got married and having a baby congratulations to you both and your future your wedding pictures etc are great and you always liked glitter that is where i found out they made edible glitter from you on wluk lioving with amy thanks so much for all your cupcake recipes when you were on fox 11 miss seeing you on there and i bet ya amy misses you too again congratulations on your wedding and bay and your future

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service